Loathing House Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hardcore Guide(s)

2 posters

Go down

Hardcore Guide(s) Empty Re: Hardcore Guide(s)

Post  Foxy Boxy Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:38 am

I request ascention guides, maybe one day I would like to go HC or even OHC (I want the DB reward) and it would be really useful if some of you experienced HC players have any guides or walkthroughs for it.
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-07-04

https://loathinghouse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Hardcore Guide(s) Empty Re: Hardcore Guide(s)

Post  ShadowWolf Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:03 am

I've been noodling around trying to start a HC guide and having trouble putting thoughts to paper (or to electronic paper, I guess) because of too much information swirling around in my head, trying not to make it too dense, trying to chunk things up, etc.

So I think the thing to do that'll be easier on me and possibly more helpful for HC virgins would be to log my next HC ascension. That is to say, keep track of what I'm doing, what I'm casting, where I'm adventuring, why I'm doing things in such and such an order, what my thought process is, and so on. Probably not a painstakingly detailed log, like "Day 2: Adventure #144: "Fun" House: Fight: Shaky Clown: Two rounds, dropped bottle of rum, gained X substats" or that, because no one cares about that and while KoLmafia will do that, I don't think anyone wants to read that.

More like "I need a box for my bartender-in-a-box, so I'm going to the 'Fun' House. Also a good place for booze and decent equipment. If I get enough clownosity items, I might stick around to kill Beelzebozo. Spent 15 turns, finally got the box. Only one clown piece, so moving on."

Is that kind of thing going to be useful for people? I won't be ascending at least for another week or so (I'm trying to get to level 30 and basement, will be doing that on the next pair of muscle days in less than a week) so it won't be right away.
ShadowWolf
ShadowWolf
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess

Female
Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down