Loathing House Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HC Avatar of Boris diary

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HC Avatar of Boris diary - Page 2 Empty Re: HC Avatar of Boris diary

Post  catchops Mon May 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Congrats, that's great for 10 skills! Take these thoughts with the knowledge that my 10-skill run was way slower, even with most of a scope. I think I'd probably do the Friars and risk the hot wings rather than leveling at level 6 unless you want to level there anyway. Your leveling turns spent that early are worth a lot less than they would be later, and you don't know that you need them--the odds of getting the wings in the normal course are good, and you can finish farming them really quickly in the Dark Heart if need be, especially as Boris with Hungry Eyes, or you can power to 7 at that point and get Lute and Fortune. Just remember to check your wings before opening Hey Deze, because going to the Slums to backfarm definitely sucks.

Used muscle shower for the Chest. Not sure it was a good idea.
Cleaning up Friars to get +fooddrop buff for the Trapzor later.
I've got a pyramid, HitS, 8-bit and gremlins for flyering (plus i've picked up a hippy war outfit, so worms are backup).
I try to just hold the Chest (and the leaflet) til I'm going to powerlevel and use the shower buff for both. I'd look at how many turns you had left when you got to 9 and what other food/booze options you had to decide whether to change it. There aren't many important uses for the Friars' buff Day 2, but I'm pretty sure you don't need it in the Goatlet. Goat cheese is 40% base, plus 155% from Hungry Eyes, monocle, mask, and Song of Fortune is over 100% drop rate, even without the Lute.

You don't need the war hippy outfit to do the filthworms early; the only restriction is that you not wear the Frat Warrior outfit. You just need an outfit to turn the heart in and get your reward. This is true of all War sidequests except the Nuns.

Didn't banish enough, was scared to spend meat on MP.
Turns out I'm awfully short on mysticality (like 11 points), so I ended up powerleveling in the bathroom. I don't get how to keep up offstats.
Banishing conservatively is not necessarily a bad place to start. I think I banished way too much at first; maybe I still do. It is fabulous in the Mine and Goatlet, the gremlins, the Upper Chamber, and maybe the Castle and the Hole in the Sky. If it's MP and meat you're worried about, you can switch areas and use sackbut to help regenerate. Remember at level 10 you have access to Black Cherry Soda which is a lot cheaper than Doc Galaktik, and you can sell your dictionary. Offstats probably come with running more ML and crumhorn and less powerleveling, but I think needing to level them is a common thing in faster runs. Foxy could probably say more, having way more experience in this area than I. 11 myst seems huge, especially if it was only myst and your moxie was okay, but I don't think it's very much within your control. I do look at my offstats before deciding which way to turn the castle wheel, and I guess if in doubt go myst because there are so many more opportunities to level moxie.

I think you can handle the belt at this point in Boris, but that may be kinda moot since the new path is rolling Tuesday or Weds. I'd try to get it unlocked sometime soon so you have the option, but prioritize Torso if you don't have that yet. The extra stats from either make a big difference, especially Day 1, and the belt's extra ML is situationally helpful with things like the airship bounty, rat tangles, ghoul swarms, and flyering.

Question: How do you convert extra mushrooms to meat?

catchops
Forum Family
Forum Family

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  livercat Mon May 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks for the advices!
1) After reading a bunch of 4 and 3-dayer logs today I'm now convinced that Friars are better done ASAP. Early turns in the gallery are really a waste.
2) That's good to know about goatlet. In other news, math is awesome ^^
3) Ohhh, no hippy outfit for worms, now I feel really dumb :)
4) About early banishing (and keeping up myst) - it seems popular method is to get myst stats in early NCs, getting beanie buff at hatter (to get to 50MP with mascara) and then leaving low-level quests for the sackbutting. It looks very promising, but very fiddly. Probably necessary for the 3-dayer.
5) Shrooms are for aftercore, not for in-run purposes. I was never short on meat after the bats - that's probably a sign I could have pushed banishing/ML a lot more.
6) Autosell dictionary... eh, whatever. *checks wiki* IT SELLS FOR HOW MUCH?! *facepalm*
livercat
livercat
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Boxy Mon May 14, 2012 2:55 pm

I figured I was done doing Boris runs, so I sold my Boris Helm. A few days ago I found out about the ability to perm Summon Sandwich outside of Boris, and of course have to have it. By my recollection I'm at 13 skills so I should only need one more Boris run.

So I'm wondering if someone has a Boris Helm I could borrow in the mid-June timeframe, date TBD (I'm PvPing now). I'd make it worth your while, if need be. Kmail me, thanks in advance!
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-07-04

https://loathinghouse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content