Loathing House Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Llama lama gongs

4 posters

Go down

Llama lama gongs Empty Llama lama gongs

Post  wulfbear Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:35 am

So I recently got a llama lama, and am trying to figure out the ins and outs of the gong adventures. The KolWiki is confusing in this case. I'm mostly interested in getting feathers. Does anyone know of a clearer guide? So far I haven't been able to get any feathers. Sad
wulfbear
wulfbear
Forum Social Butterfly
Forum Social Butterfly

Male
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Llama lama gongs Empty Re: Llama lama gongs

Post  Foxy Boxy Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:53 am

The elemental ones are tricky and I don't usually go for them. I'm more familiar with getting roc feathers.

You get 15 turns of birdform, and need to use Talon Slash 15 times. This means you either need to use the Talon Slash once for each one of the 15 turns, or use it multiple times in a turn, over fewer turns. If you're adventuring in an area with non-combats, you need to do the latter. If you're just farming roc feathers in aftercore, you can spend birdform turns in an area with no non-combats (e.g. ninja snowmen area, hole in the sky, etc.).

What I generally do is keep a running count of my Talon Slashes on a piece of paper (using hash marks). Since I'm usually doing this in HC (I use agua de vidas in aftercore because I'm lazy), I'm not one-hit-killing things with Talon Slash, so I've got some buffer vs. non-combats. Usually it's two Talon Slashes per combat to kill things, so after 8 combats I'm free to do whatever I want.

But the trick is keeping track of Slashes, and not one-hit killing if you're in a zone with non-combats. I never use the Wing Buffet, which is why I keep mentioning only Talon Slashes.
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-07-04

https://loathinghouse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dryhad Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Nothing tricky at all about the elemental ones. For one thing, you only need five shots of the required skill to qualify, as opposed to the 15 required of roc feathers. The difference is you don't have the skills automatically, you need to eat the bugs you get in Birdform. You can randomly get these bugs from appropriately aligned elemental monsters (they're tradable, so you can also buy them in the mall, but they're apparently horrendously overpriced. Ask a clannie with a Llama for some, if they've been farming roc feathers chances are they have huge stockpile they're never going to use.) Each bug grants one use of the skill, so each feather needs five bugs. Also be careful not to qualify for multiple feathers at a time (this happened to me once when adventuring in a high level zone. Since it took two hits of Vicious Talon Slash to kill the monsters I managed 15 of them in addition to my 5 elemental attacks. I was given a roc feather.) I don't know how the game decides which feather to give you in this case, but it's probably best not to risk it.

Dryhad
Forum Family
Forum Family

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Boxy Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Dryhad wrote:I don't know how the game decides which feather to give you in this case, but it's probably best not to risk it.

Similar situation for me with Weapon of the Pastalord + Flavor of Magic + Overkilling hobos. If I deal 838 physical and 837 hot, I generate a hot scarehobo piece. I'm not complaining, but I've always wondering what the mechanic is exactly.
Foxy Boxy
Foxy Boxy
Forum God
Forum God

Male
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-07-04

https://loathinghouse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  wulfbear Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 pm

Thanks! That helps a great deal. I just have to pick the right areas for the elementals; it doesn't help if I don't get enough of the right ones. Smile And the roc feathers are a good idea in some ascension situations, I would think. Cool
wulfbear
wulfbear
Forum Social Butterfly
Forum Social Butterfly

Male
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Zagadka Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can use any combination of All-You-Can-Beat Wing Buffet and Vicious Talon slashes to reach 15 bird attacks and earn a feather. However the All-You-Can-Beat Wing Buffet costs 10mp instead of 5mp making it less desirable.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Forum Family
Forum Family

Male
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down